Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Today's Kick in the Butt

I just can't seem to get up off this couch today. I am breathing a little better. I planned on going running anyway to help with the breathing.

I had some organic cereal for breakfast. I'm starting to suspect there is sugar in it. I had one serving for breakfast, and have been craving it ever since. I just had a second one for my morning snack.

I need to fight off this craving. And I also need to ...

Hmm. I lost that train of thought.

Anyhow, I need to fight these cravings. I also need to fight to get my fitness in today.

It's hot outside. It's already 27C (81F) with a humidex up to 31C (88F). It's supposed to climb to 39C - about 102F. It's going to be too hot to run, if it isn't already too hot.

I am feeling so lethargic. All I want to do is curl up and go to sleep.

I need to fight this off.

Am I sick? Kind of, but that shouldn't keep me from running. Running will help this one clear up. My breathing is better. It will get even better if I go running.

Am I sore? Not really. Just weak. Running will fix that.

So what's my problem? Just lazy I guess.



What is wrong with you? Do you think you'll ever get anywhere near here just sitting on your butt??? REALITY TIME. NO WAY!



There is no such thing as having no time. It's that it's not a priority.

So why is this not a priority for me today?

Because I'm feeling very down. I'm upset. It's looking like I lost my job, through no fault of my own. I've got some allergies. I can't work there. I made the choice. My health is worth more than any job. I know this. So why am I so upset?

It's just another loss. I don't know how to cope with these very well.

I have the olympic womens gymnastics on tv right now. Canada is on the uneven bars. Doing great so far.

I just don't get it.

I was frustrated when I tracked the food I ate yesterday. It was higher in calories than I thought. No surprise really I guess. It just adds up so fast.

When I got on the scale, I was honestly expecting a bigger number than I saw. Then I realized I guess I have lost some weight. I've dropped from the 227-230 down to the 224-226.

Oh yeah. I was fighting to get closer to 220 by the 25th. That day's come and gone. My lowest weigh in this week was 223.6. I really need to get the scale back down to that asap.

I just can't seem to break this funk.

I put together my calendar for August yesterday. It's all ready for filling up with my weekly goals, and checking them off as I go day by day.

So am I going to just sit here and let today pass me by? Or am I going to make the most of my day. It's a gift. I'm not at work. It gives me the perfect opportunity to make me a priority today.

I guess it's time to prove what my priorities are. Am I going to make my health and fitness a priority? Or am I going to waste today?

Sunday was a long day in the car - over 6 hours of driving to Brandon and back. Monday I didn't go running. I was worried about work. I've also found once I take one day off, it snowballs into day after day after... Just look at me now.

All I need to do is get dressed and get out and move for a while today. It will re-start my momentum. I truly believe that.

I just realized, I haven't had any water this morning. Or my supplements. What is wrong with me???

Get dressed. Get out the door. Go to Sobeys, the mall, or Walmart. Walk. Take water and walk. Just get moving again.

Why is it I just feel like bursting into tears

********UPDATE**************
**

I went for a walk. I couldn't go as far as I wanted - lawn mowing by the city in progress. I decided to turn around and go home, rather than get sick by walking through and breathing that.

I got back here and uploaded my bodymedia again. Well, I think I found out why I'm like this today. I only got just over 5 hours of sleep last night. 62% sleep efficiency. Just crappy to say the least. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment