Friday, July 13, 2012

Today's Kick in the Butt

I took yesterday off. Now if I want to reach my goals, I need to step it back up.



No more waiting for a miracle to happen. I'm gonna go out there and get one for myself.





It takes so little right now to get my motivation going in full swing. To get me on the right track for a day full of the right decisions. To motivate me to make every minute, every decision count. All it takes is a half hour of hard work. Once I've done that, I'm rearing to go with the rest of my day. I want to make every decision count to back up what I did that morning. Those endorphins are great little things, aren't they.



And what is today's step? It is to get on my shoes and get out there and run. C25K Week3Day3. Time to kick it's butt to the curb. 6min run, 1min walk repeat 4 times. Finish with a 2min run. You can do this. Heck, you finished the San Francisco Marathon last fall! This is a walk in the park compared to that right???

Okay, so no comparing with who I was. Yes, the 6min runs are getting harder. But I think my heart/lungs have adjusted again. I'm sure I can do it. The third set is always the hardest. Then the break between the third and fourth is only 30seconds. I know. What a cruel joke! But I KNOW I CAN DO IT!. I just need to believe in myself. And get out there before the heat of the day hits.



I'm not going to let this challenge stop me. I am stronger than it.





***UPDATE******
Back from my run. I kicked W3D3's butt. Done strong. 2.5miles. Avg HR was 143. Came home dripping wet. I usually don't sweat water, but I really pumped it out today. I usually get a crusty salty coating when I exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment