Saturday, July 28, 2012

Today's kick in the butt

It's surprising how different things are this morning. All week I've had to get up and get out there and run. No if's and's or but's about it. I didn't even have time to do a kick in the butt blog on my way out. Yes, I ended up taking a couple days off, and the third one, I only got a half run in.

Today though, I don't have to rush out the door. I'm finding I have settled, and need to kick my butt to get out the door.

I had my breakfast. Now just giving it a few minutes to settle.



If I want to get closer to this, I need to keep re-working my program. I am loosing at a rate of 1.17lbs/week (info from my bodyMedia). I am going to keep working to upping that to 2lbs/week again. I am still focusing on eating 6x/day to help it along. And I also have to keep up my running/cardio.

I know. I'm neglecting Strength training again. I could go on and say there is no time. I'm focusing on a new job, and keeping my cardio up so I keep loosing weight. blah blah blah. Reality is that there is no such thing as "I don't have the time...". The truth is "It's not a priority for me" (Thanks Yoovie). I'm not making that my priority right now. I know I will have to change that, but it's not a priority for me to change it today.

There. It's out there. I'm being 100% honest with myself.

So am I going to do the same with my cardio today? Just decide it's not a priority for me? That I really don't want to get closer to this goal?



I don't think so.



Somewhere in here, I've decided this is what I want. I'm still striving for it, even though I know how hard it is. No matter how down I get on myself for where I am at that point. This is still a goal. If it weren't I wouldn't get down on myself about where I am.

So if it's something I keep coming back to, I need to realize where I am now, I will only stay stuck. Not going running will only lead me farther away from this goal. I say farther away, because the time will have passed. I can't get it back. I may even gain more weight to loose in order to get to this goal weight. If I'm not taking steps forward, I'm risking taking them backwards. That's just how it is.

I KNOW I'll still be here a year from now if I don't do something to change this. Heck. look at the last year. I wish I were there then. I didn't do what I needed to do. Here I sit a year later still wishing I'd found a way to make this all work a year ago.

*************UPDATE*************
Back from todays run.  Didn't finish Week5Day2.  I'll try again tomorrow.  In the meantime, I did get in 1.6miles in 20minutes.  In total, I walked and ran almost 4 miles.  Not bad, considering the heat and the trouble breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment