Sunday, July 22, 2012

Today's Kick in the Butt

There was no running for me yesterday. It wasn't really a planned day off. It just happened that way. I didn't get up early enough to run, so I was going to try to go in the evening. But then got too much sun out in Crosby, and needed rest more than I needed to run.

So it was unplanned, but I'm not counting it as a mistake either. Sometimes life gets in the way. It doesn't happen for me often, so I'm good with it.

However, that means I've only run 3x this week. Between my injury, and live getting in the way once...

That's not so good. No use dwelling on that fact though. My body needed the rest. I can't change the past. So now it's time to move on to today.





It's a beautiful morning out. The sun is shining. The storm we had last night cooled everything off. I will need to put on bug spray - cooler wet air means mosquitoes. It's already 20C out there. No use waiting until it heats up. Now's the perfect time.

Going to tackle C25K Week4Day3 again - run 10min, walk 1min repeat 2x, then finish with an 8min run. I was so close on Friday. I had to walk once in my second 10min run, but then quit 2min before the end of my last run. I was less than a block from home, and worn right out. My HRM said I really pushed that workout too. Not bad considering I was off for three days - one easy run and two full days off.

So today I'm going to kick that workout. Finish it strong. Come home sweaty and tired, but accomplished.









********UPDATE**********
Just got back.  Kicked C25K Week4Day3's butt.  Done.  Avg hr was 147.  Spent 55% of my run in zone 3 for my heart rate.  It's getting higher, which is okay.  I am still able to finish my run strong, even though my heart rate is not dropping down yet.  I'm sure I'll see it drop soon

No comments:

Post a Comment