Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Today's Kick in the Butt

I didn't go running yesterday. I didn't sit on my butt all day either, but I didn't go running.

There is no reason I haven't gone this morning beyond the fact that the Lazy Boy has reached up and grabbed me again. Right now, all I want to do is sit here and melt into this chair.

I didn't sleep very well last night. Between the heat and my hip starting to ache from the fans... I actually was falling asleep and the pain woke me up. Nothing frustrates me more than to have pain pull me out of that state. Funny thing is I wasn't in pain as I was falling asleep.

So needless to say, I had a very choppy night's sleep.

But I can't let that be an excuse. If I did, then I'd never get out there.



I need to find the motivation to get my shoes on and get out there before the heat of the day hits.



Just imagine if you had done this a year ago. If you had started, and not given up when the scale wouldn't budge. You wouldn't be avoiding clothing shopping like you are now. You wold feel great in your skin. You'd be noticing so many more glances, looks, etc.



You might even be able to pull this off by now.

Imagine a year from now. Do you want to still be stuck here? Or do you want to be in maintenance. No longer needing to push your body into weight loss. Just maintaining what I'll have worked so hard to get. And yes, when I get there it'll be because I've worked that hard. Not because I spent so much time in the chair.










************UPDATE******************
Went running. Almost completed C25K W2D3. I was 2 minutes from done, and just couldn't finish. It's so hot out. So I guess I'm repeating it tomorrow.

2.5miles in 34minutes. Not fast, but mostly run. Run4min, walk1min.

Now to tackle my other daily challenge:

No comments:

Post a Comment