Friday, June 29, 2012

Today's Kick in the Butt

I really pushed it yesterday. I pushed for my morning run. Then after supper, I didn't feel like sitting around all evening, so I went out to run again. I fully expected to just blow it off, but I was going to try since I was out anyway. Next thing I know, I finished my program for the day. Yeah, the same one I wasn't able to finish earlier in the day. C25K Week2Day1. Done.

This morning, I'm feeling really drained. Most likely because I didn't eat anything after my run last night. I came home. Cooled off, had a bath, and then to bed. Might not have been the best idea. I'm feeling it this morning. Just very very drained.

So today, my kick in the butt will be to just get dressed and get out there and try. I don't expect miracles today, and I'm okay with that. But I'm not going to let that stop me from trying. As long as I get out there and really try to do it, I'll count it as a successful day. I am trying to save my day off for Sunday - get in a full 6days of workouts, then a break.

I'm not sick. I'm not really in pain today. I'm just a little tired. Drained is more like it, but I think I can work with this. I'm going to try anyhow.



I am going for it. I am doing something different this time, to get to a different place. I believe in what I'm doing. I believe I am taking the right steps to reach my goals.





Today is going to be one of those strength days. I can do it. It's only a half an hour. I KNOW I can push my body for a half an hour. Then it's all about pampering it for the rest of the day.



Today is one of those days that you can prove if you are willing to work for it. I honestly believe I am worth it. I am going to work for it.






*********UPDATE**************
I went for my run. My Garmin battery died about 5minutes in. I made it to about 15minutes, and then stopped. I walked home.

I'm okay with that today. I might go again later today, or just tackle it again tomorrow. No biggie.

My accomplishment was getting out there and just trying today.

No comments:

Post a Comment