Monday, June 25, 2012

Todays Kick in the Butt

I can't believe I am doing this again. Starting over. AGAIN! I am so sick n tired of starting over.



I can tell you this. I won't give up. I deserve better than giving up on myself.

So here I sit, on another Monday morning, starting over. But I refuse to give up. I need to find out what keeps me from building on my successes after the first say. One week it was pain. The next week, well we all know what a horrible week that was. I honestly couldn't run, since I couldn't eat or sleep.

But enough is enough. It's time to put me first. Not anyone else, or their drama, or any of their crap. Time for me. What I need. What I need to do.



I have to forget what happened yesterday. It doesn't matter if I ran a marathon or sat on the couch eating chips all day. It's done. It can't be undone. If I want to reach my goals, I NEED to focus on today.

What am I going to do today to reach those goals? Right now? How am I going to make use of this next hour? Let it add pounds to me? Or use it to kick my furnace into high and burn them off instead?



Look back to a year ago. You were stuck right here, around 230lbs. You were trying, but not really pushing, so you eventually gave up.

Last week, the scale hit 227.8. It's been back up to 229-230 since then. The only way you are going to see that scale drop back down to 227 anytime soon is to get up off your butt and move it.

It's not hard. It's not even for a long time. Just get dressed, get out the door, and go.



Heck, you've got this diet/nutrition thing down right now. Yes, I need to eat more, and I'll keep working on it. But I am not eating any padding, just fuel. So why not take advantage of that. Get the activity up there too, and you should see the pounds just melt off for the next bit. It's all up to me. I'm the only one keeping me glued to the couch. I'm also the only one who can get my butt up and out the door.



NOW

***********UPDATE**************



Done my run by 10:30am. Now to cool down and have a shower.

35min. 2.39miles. It wasn't fast, but I made it. Focused on breathing rhythm. It helped. Very warm out. It's already 23C, 73F. Not much of a breeze. Just plain warm. But I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment