Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 23

Ok, I'll start off with a confession.  I had two more stuffed mushroom caps yesterday. 

But I do have some great news to report as well.  For supper, Lee was working late, and I didn't want him to have to come home and cook.  I couldn't decide what I wanted, and almost ordered Boston Pizza. 

I finally got frustrated, got up, went to the freezer, and found something so much better.  Salmon, basmati rice, and vegetables.  I baked the salmon, steamed the rice, and cooked up some veggies to go with it all.  Supper didn't turn out perfect, but it was so much better than what I was considering just a few hours before. 

I guess with a little effort, I really can stick to this cleansing diet.

I've been having issues though.  I'm always so hungry.  Almost all day long, I'm hungry.  I guess I haven't figured out how to eat "snacks" through the day that satisfy me, and are allowed on this diet.  I've been trying to eat fruit salads, vegetable salads, etc, but they are just not doing it for me.  Then I eat a lot at supper almost every day, and don't always feel full after that either. 

The one time I've felt truly full was after I had that GF pasta for supper a couple of nights ago.  I felt really full.  Last night I felt satisfied.  I actually felt good enough to go out and run a second time.  I even completed my C25K Week2Day1 program.  Unfortunately, I'm feeling it today. 

Anyhow, I slept ok.  It was broken up, but I'm guessing that's because of how late in the day I went running.  I found it very difficult to unwind and go to sleep, even though I was exhausted after my run. 

I am not sure I'm strong enough to run again today.  Physically strong enough.  I feel so weak.  But I am going to give it a try in a bit. 

Emotionally I'm feeling good.  That's one good thing about working out that hard - it is better than any meds for depression there are out there on the market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment