Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 21

I DID IT!  I made it to the three week mark on this cleansing diet, not including the 9 days I had in and caved for one night.  21 straight days, no cheating. 

I am so proud of myself. 

I can't start to test new foods again yet.  Turns out I have to do some gut cleansing first.  There is an imbalance in the bacteria in my guts.  So we are going to wipe out all of it, then replenish the good bacteria.  The whole process should take about 2 months. 

I figure there's no use testing to see what foods I react to before things are fixed, so I'll keep trudging along.

I guess it's not really trudging along.  I am doing better now.  The reality is, this is better for my body.  It's truly providing fuel, not just padding.  Yes, there are foods I miss, but I can manage for a while longer.  Besides, it'll help me cut out these sugar cravings.  At least that's what I'm hoping for.

I am up early today.  I was out of bed before 7am.  Since I'm not working, I don't care what time I get up.  I get up when my body tells me to.  I had just over 7 hours of sleep last night, with very few times where I woke up.  I guess my sleep is getting better. 

I am still incredibly irritable.  I'm not 100% sure why, just know I am.  I think it may have something to do with my physical activity.  It's hard on my body. I know it's the right thing for my body, but wow its hard.  The first week.  I have to use energy I don't have, and it's very taxing. 

I know this will all settle down, but I'm sure frustrated that it is going this way.  Why do I have to be so irritable? 

I am finding I'm often hungry through the day, and I have no idea what to do about it.  That's not completely true.  I don't know what to do about it when I'm there - hungry, busy, and struggling to stay on my cleansing diet.  From the armchair this morning, I know what I need to do.  Stock up on salad supplies.  I have an awesome fruit salad in the fridge.  I've been eating it for days now.  I love it, but it's not enough.  I have to keep more fresh veggie salad stuff around.  I have a Big Book of Salads I can look to for inspiration as well. 

Looks like I'm coming around.  Figuring out what I need to do.  Now it's time to get 'er done.

No comments:

Post a Comment