Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 6

If you've read my last blog on sugar withdrawal, you might not be surprised by what I say next.

I've had the most vivid, horrible nightmares last night.  So bad that I'm up and out of bed well before 5am, and not willing to go back.  I'm almost 40, and nightmares still affect me this badly.

So I got up and did some online research this morning.  If you don't think sugar withdrawal is real, you should read the last blog post.  For most people, it isn't an issue.  It's possible to cut out table sugar and not go through withdrawal.  There is so much sugar in processed foods it's crazy.

But I've cut out all of that, and it's hitting me hard.  Harder than I ever imagined.

I did learn that I can expect this to continue for up to 3 more weeks.  woo hoo.  Lucky me.  (yes, that's sarcasm)

So this morning, I'm just sitting here with my feet up, blogging to get this out of my mind.  The plan is to just take it easy, then tackle today when I can shake this horrible feeling.

I'm sure there'll be an update to this blog later today.

**********UPDATE****************
it's 4:45pm, and the sugar issues are starting to get to me again.  I was napping, and suddenly I'm awake.  Restless.  Anxious.  Jittery.  Angry.

I went to get some french vanilla soy cream to make another batch of ice cream today.  I can't find any in town.  Instead of just accepting it'll be replenished soon, I'm downright mad.  Mad that this hickville has run out of something as simple as that.  Again.  And how long will it be before it is replenished?  NO IDEA.  I've seen things go for weeks without being replenished.

It's all part of the "I think I'm loosing my mind" that seems to be going along with the sugar withdrawal.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Who am I kidding.  I know I can keep this up.  I just need to cope with these episodes as they come up.  They seem to come up every afternoon/early evening.  Hmmm.  Something to think about.

I went for a run today.  I was hoping it would be enough to help with this anxiety I end up with.  Doesn't look like it.  Oh well.  I'll definitely keep running though.  It helps me cope with this anxiety, even if it doesn't lessen it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment