Saturday, May 4, 2013

Today is DAY 1 - April 25



I've been thinking about it for the past couple of days. I've finally decided. I'm not going to put it off until tomorrow.



TODAY IS THE DAY! No more waiting until tomorrow. Or Monday, or next month. TODAY.

My eating is already on track. I had a high protein, low fat, nutrient rich breakfast. I'll be making my salad for lunch here soon. It's so much easier to make it when I'm not hungry. Then it's ready and I don't have to think about it, or fight with it, later.

Fitness:
It's time to focus on what I want to do for my fitness today. What will I do to make me feel successful today.

I'm going to the gym. I'm going to do day 1 of my strength training program. It's easy enough - it won't take me long to get through it. I am not sure if I'm going to dance there today. I need more prep time to start to practice dance there. I need to decide what I'm working on before I get there.

I'm also going to run today. It's a little overcast, but the wind isn't howling today. Later I'll take Lulu out for a run. We'll both feel so much better for doing it.

If I can get both of these done, I'll count that as a success for today's fitness.

This morning, I was realizing part of my problem is I've got so much time. I can always do it later. The reality is, I don't do it later. I put it off all day long. Then I don't want to. It weighs so heavily on me all day long. The stress of that alone wears me out and gets to the point that I do not want to do anything.

I'm not going to let this defeat me anymore. No more letting the procrastination win.

So I've got a good plan for my nutrition. A plan for my fitness as well. It's almost 10am. I'm going to make my salad. Then get my butt to the gym and do what I need to do. Finally home to relax, eat lunch, and take Lulu out after lunch.



no more excuses. Just action.




It's really that simple. Eat well. Move more. That's all you need to reach your goal weight.

You can do this. No one is stopping you but YOU! Enough self sabotage. Get out there and give it your ALL. You deserve it.

*********UPDATE***********
11:30am Back from the gym. Got my lunch salad ready to go and in the fridge.

This afternoon:
- run with Lulu
- keep tracking all my food
- drink lots of water

No Problem. Looks like Day 1 is going to be a success!

********UPDATE*************
2:30 back from my run today. I didn't complete my training, but I'm still okay with it. My avg HR was 144. The biggest reason I'm not completing my training runs is that my heart rate will not drop. I guess it'll just take more time. I'll keep pushing. I can do this.

So that's it for my fitness for today. Knocked it out of the park.

My nutrition is on track too. I need to eat soon - if I don't snack within 30min of my workout, I end up binging all night. I so don't want to undo all the good I've done today.

Saturday and Sunday are going to be a little different. I have volunteer training both days - 9-5. It'll make it harder for me to get my workouts in. Guess I'll have to figure that out before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment