Saturday, May 4, 2013

Today is DAY 3 - April 27

Yesterday was another successful day. I got in more fitness than I even expected to.

Today is a rest day. My legs are really hurting. I have decided I'm taking two rest days. Giving my body the time it needs to fully recover. It's going to be difficult - not seeing my fitness minutes climb, or my calorie burn - but I need to do this. Yesterday I took it easy on my fitness. I decided later in the day to go for a walk. It did help loosen up my muscles, but boy did they ever lock up after a short rest.

The plan for today. Eat well. Drink lots of water to flush the lactic acid out. And rest my poor legs. It's all muscle aches. Luckily I didn't injure my knee yesterday. When my muscles are aching like this, I tend to change the way I walk and move and end up hurting my hips/knees. Not this time.

I haven't taken my Visi yet. I'm thinking of having a coffee this morning first. Then I can take my Visi an hour after I finish my coffee. Even though I'm not running/exercising today, taking my Visi is part of my 12 week program so I'm not going to skip it. Besides, the way I feel I could use the extra energy to get through the day today.

So that's today's plan. Its a me day. Eat well. Drink lots of water. And Rest

I know it sounds easy, but I have to admit, it's not as easy as it sounds. My first day back at fitness is so much like starting over. It's frustrating. So I honestly hate taking a day off. This time it'll be two days. When I'm not hurting, I need to take 1 day off a week. It helps keep my body loosing weight. Otherwise, its too much, my body stresses and I stop loosing weight.

So I need to rest and heal. I need to find a way to know I'll be okay and I'll be able to get back into my fitness routine when Monday comes around.

I need this. I'm feeling so lousy today that I'm not going for my volunteer training today. Just in case I'm fighting off an illness. I don't want to share it, or get violently ill while I'm there. That's how bad I'm feeling.

Off to take some tylenol, have my coffee, and rest. I hope you all have your plan for today ready to go, and are tackling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment