Friday, May 24, 2013

Starting Again

I didn't say starting over again, mainly because I'm not starting over. I'm in a different place than I was then. I haven't lost everything I've done up until now. I just have gone off track long enough to need to reset my clock.

I finished my 5DayNewYou program, with great numbers. I was happy with both the weight and inches lost. But over then next couple of days I wasn't feeling well. I've been fighting a cold for a long while now - coming up to three weeks and I've still got some of the cough. It's not bad enough to go to the doctor. I'm not even sick anymore with it - generally. I just cough at times. Then once a week I feel really bad - raw scratchy throat, congestion. I take a day or so to rest, and then I'm back to just coughing on and off. I'm thinking it's partly my asthma that is keeping this holding on for so long. It's a bad time of year for me with asthma and allergies. That's really why I hate catching colds. It takes me so long to completely get rid of them.

Anyhow, I realized yesterday I've had too much down time.

I'm only cheating me when I don't get out and move. I have no problem tracking what I eat - regardless of whether I move or not I need to know what I've eaten. It often shows me why I'm not feeling good, or why I can't run when I try.

So today is a fresh start. I also re-started my Visi Regiment. I'm going to track my progress on that also. I set my prescription reminder on my iPhone so alarms will go off when it's time to take my supplements. That should help me remember to take the supplements on time. I found that was one of my major issues. I'd forget my afternoon/evening supplements. No excuses now.

So I'm getting back on track. I weighed in this morning. Even with a week off, I only re-gained about a pound and a half. Not too bad, considering the peanut butter chocolate banana cream pie. lol

What challenges have kept you from reaching your goals this past week? Are they challenges? Or just excuses you are using? What are you going to do to overcome these? What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment