Monday, May 6, 2013

Today is DAY 12



I have been doing great on my journey. I have not been a slave to the scale. I did get on it the day before yesterday though. It's told me I am starting to see progress.

But I've been sick for the past couple of days. I've got an ugly cold. I hurt from my eye down to my chest on my left side. I am not really conjested yet, but it burns and aches. I've been having to medicate. It's only taking the edge off, but it's enough that I can rest. The conjestion is starting to build up today, so I'm thinking I'd better get some nasal spray for tonight.

Anyhow, I have a problem today. Yesterday I took a break. It had been 6 strong days since I took a break. Add to that how sick I was and I needed it.

Now for my dilemma. I'm still not feeling well. I need to figure out if I'm going to push through, ,or take another day of rest.

Tomorrow I have training. Tonight I have a meeting. So I'm not going to be sitting in the house all day long, even if it's a rest day.

I really hate this. It's one of the hardest parts of staying on track. Needing to take some time off, and knowing when it's okay to start pushing again.

My lungs are telling me if I go running today, I will end up coughing up a lung. I'm thinking all that coughing will make my sore throat worse. However, the deep breathing from running will help.

Maybe I could try to compromise. Go for a walk today. Breath deep. Move. As long as I stay close enough to home. I don't have a ride back if I go too far.

During all of this TOM has started. I'm in a lot of pain from that.

I really hate this, but I think today's going to be another easy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment