Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Today's Kick in the Butt!

Well, it's June 1. The sun is shining. That''s great news around here. I am going running at lunch. First time in a long time..

I slept in today. Not so good. Not too bad, but it almost lead me to skip work today and go to Regina on a road trip. Anyhow, I went in to work instead.

But I decided to get McD's scrambled eggs for breakfast. And a large coffee. The coffee is it's own issue. But one of my goals this week was too avoid McD's eggs for breakfast. I went all last week no problem. I even had fruit this morning. No excuses. I still decided to go.

Well, I can tell you, it was so NOT worth it. Yuck! And now I've gotta live with knowing I decided to do that.

I DECIDED to pick them up for breakfast, knowing it was on my goals not to do.

I DECIDED that goal was not worth keeping.

I made up excuses:

emoticon It' s protein. I need protein for my run.
emoticon I'm late for work, and it'll help me just get in there faster
emoticon I've done so well for over a week now...
emoticon Eggs aren't bad. They are actually good for you
emoticon Besides, do you want to run out of energy on your run today?
emoticon It'd really suck to have a bad run today ....

I'm telling you, I'm full of excuses.

Okay, yes, most of these are valid. Eggs are healthy. And a good fuel source for running. But it was my choice to not have these eggs. There is something in them that leads me to not loose weight, no matter what I do. If I don't eat them, the scale drops. I eat them, nothing!

Don't get me wrong. I eat eggs all the time. I love eggs. But I usually make them myself, or at a restaurant where they cook them just the way I want. Mostly whites, lots of veggies, occasionally 1 oz of cheese on top. Yummy. But I have no control over what they throw in my eggs at McD's.

OKAY. ENOUGH!!!

Time to move forward. I regret my decision. It's done. It's past. Now what am I going to do to fix this???

Well, I'll tell ya. I'm going to run at lunch today. Just get out there and pound the pavement. I can't wait. It's been a long time...

And I'm going to track every bite of food today. Nothing passes these lips without being tracked.

And I'm going to stay on track with my eating. No more giving in today. Freggies. Lean protiens. High nutritional fats.

I'm well on my way. I've got my lunch packed. Bananas,, asian pear, home made soup, greek yogurt with fruit cocktail, and a low fat chicken alfredo with GF spaghetti. The alfredo sauce was made with greek yougurt, so even more protein.

Tonight is wing night. If I want wings, I'm going to have to make them myself at home. PERIOD!!! II might be able to do that. I'll talk to my room mate and see if he's' interested in having wings at home tonight instead. But this might be a social thing for him. If it is, I'll stick to my salad. I might order something else too - grilled chicken breast??? Who knows.

I think I can do this. I can have a great day today.

Oh yeah, I need to do some abs workout today too. No biggie. I'll just have to remember when I get home tonight.

So what are you doing to kick yourself in the butt today?

No comments:

Post a Comment