Thursday, June 16, 2011

My 200 Day Journey - Day 77 Time to put on some big girl panties...

I am so not happy right now.

I went for my run yesterday. Made it to about half an hour. Quit. I just couldn't do it. Heart rate was climbing erratically - just stress actually. But it was hot out. I guess I don't do so well in the heat.

Anyhow, I decided this morning to get up early and try again.

What a farce. I got up. I got out. Same thing. Made it just under 25min this time, and quit. Those chicken wings I ate last night. They stole my energy. They made it so hard to run. I'm not talking a little tough. I just couldn't go on.

On my way home, I came to the realization that not only am I going to have to train with fitness for this marathon. It's looking like I need to eat like an athlete in training. No chips and dip. No wings.




Let me ask you. Do I look impressed????

I've had to give up so much of my favorite foods because of these allergies. Now I have to give up the few comfort foods I have been able to eat????




Okay. I know what y'all are going to be saying. It's really a gift. I mean think of it. All I can really eat are lean proteins, and as many freggies as I want. Dairy is okay too, but likely to stick to skim milk and chocolate silk for after my running.

No wheat products. No oats, rye, barley. None. No derrivaties either.



Of course that means no donuts too...



I guess I'll have to work on my mindset towards this whole thing. And I will eventually put on my big girl panties and just do it.

But for right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment