Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My 200 Day Journey - Day 48

The sun is shining today.  Y'all know what that means!
Running Day.

I am kind of looking forward to it today.  But I am also afraid of failing today.  Both for the same reason.

I've been off of running now for 10 days - not including my 10K last Saturday.  But basically I haven't done a training run in 10 days.  I checked the calendar yesterday.  I'm still a couple of weeks ahead of schedule for my training.  That's not an issue.  But I am expecting to be weak when I run today.

I can't wait to get out there and move again.  Feel the success of completing what I set out to do.

So what am I going to set out to do today?  Well, I should be tackling W5D1HM - run6min, walk3min, repeat 7 times.  But that will bring me right back to where I left off.  Should I be expecting so much of my body?

Why not?  It ran a full 10K just 4 days ago.  Sick and all.  And I finished strong.  So why not push it to finish this training run.

But I know better than to "should" all over myself.

I'll compromise.  Seeing as it's my first training run since getting sick, I'll allow myself to stop if I need to.  But I'm setting my music to W5D1HM and going for it.

I can dream of how great it'll feel if I actually finish...

Other than that, I am doing well.  My weight is down.  It was at 221.4 yesterday.  Today - 222.4.  But that's no biggie.  As simple as water retention.  Not going to worry about it.  But I do want to see that scale drop below 220lbs soon.

Maybe I should make that my goal this week.  Get below 220lbs by Sunday.  What do you think?  Can I make it this week?   Or should I give myself a full 7 days?

Bet ya I'll make it if I give up my McD's eggs in the mornings...  I know.  Bad habit.  I have to find a better breakfast solution.  Maybe this is the motivation to do just that.  Give up McD's for the rest of the week. Work my butt off - literally.  And see if I can get below 220lbs by Sunday.

Why not?  It's a goal.  It's a high goal, considering how my weight loss has been going.  But why not set it?  Just because I might not reach it?   Give me a break.  You learn by not reaching goals you set.  What good is it to set a goal you know you can reach.  That's like me setting a goal to drink one more glass of water today.  No challenge what so ever to it.

I think I just might need this kind of challenge to help kick start myself back into fitness.

Know what.  I think I will.  I want to see a value below 220lbs on my scale by Sunday.  I saw a 221.4 yesterday.  That's 1.5lbs.  I can do this.


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...awsome post, Enjoy your run. You can do it. I love the run like a girl statement at the end.

    ReplyDelete