Saturday, May 14, 2011

My 200 Day Journey - Day 44


Today was my first ever 10K race.  It was great.  I know.  Doing things kind of backwards.  My first race was a half marathon.  But while building up to my marathon later this year, I decided now was a good time to run a 10k.  I am thinking of running a half marathon in Aug or September.  Not really sure yet

Anyhow, I made a PR today.  I finished the race in 1:10 and change.  It was great.  Not too bad considering how sick I still am. 

I was watching my HRM on my run today.  My hr was right up in the high 150’s/low 160’s for most of the run.  It was really surprising.  I would notice it, but realize I was strong enough to keep going.  So I did.
I was able to run the whole time.  Okay, I did stop for water 3x – no running while I swallowed, but I also didn’t keep moving.  Then I had to stop running a couple times to blow my nose.  Stupid cold.  In the last 2K, I was so tired.  I would stop running.  The within 5 steps convince myself that I needed to keep going.  That finishing this race being able to say I ran the whole time would be so worth it.  So I would run again.  In all, I maybe walked 0.2miles, if even that far.

I tried to open up my stride for the last half mile, but by then I was so done.  I had really pushed myself.   

More that I have in a long time.  It felt good.

I was so happy to finish.  I ended up crying.  Room mate issues more than anything else.  Anyhow, it all felt great. 

I am so glad I went.  I so feel like the superhero I know is inside of me.

Oh, I weighed in just before my shower today.  Scale is back down to 222.8.  I know.  Some is water weight from the run.  But I'll take it.  It was at 223.2 this morning.  I can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow.
I am finally feeling motivated again.  I Love this.  Surprising considering all my room mate issues.  Oh well.  That's all vented in my other blog

No comments:

Post a Comment