Sunday, May 15, 2011

My 200 Day Journey - Day 45

I am sitting here this morning, kind of tempted to not get out there and bust my butt today.  I did well yesterday.  And I'm still recovering from this cold.  Heck, I still have this cold.

Excuses.  I'm the queen of them.






Am I going to make the choice to miss out on the opportunity to get in some fitness today?  To miss out on the chance to get in one more training run before my Marathon??


And for what?  To sit here and wait to see if my room mate comes around again?  Give me a break.  He won't come around today.  He's still so beyond pissed off.  And all because I won't let my world revolve around him.  What an egotistical pri... 

Never mind. This blog is about my weight loss journey.  Not these issues. 

I got on the scale this morning.  222.2lbs.  Yippee!  I'm getting back down again.  It's exciting. 

My legs feel great.  A little tired, but not sore at all.  My lungs are doing great, considering I still have a cold.  I can breath.  I just can't talk...  My voice keeps coming and going.  Or rather, I have to keep learning how to make it work.  It's not working right.  I've lost my voice.  But I've discovered, if you change the way you talk, you can often find a way to still keep talking.  It doesn't hurt.  It's just a matter of making the air flow a little differently, etc.  But the voice is never the same....

Oh, for anyone who is just joining me on my journey, the 200 day journey is leading up to my Marathon in October.  I am running the womens Nike Marathon in San Francisco in October this year.  I am so excited.  I can't wait to see if I can actually do it...

And yet, here I still sit.  Trying to talk myself into going running.  Seriously.  What is wrong with me?  Why do I allow myself to wallow?  He's being a pri....  Never mind.  It's his loss.  I will be just fine.  Besides, it's time to start to look into moving back to Calgary soon.  I am really hopeful this job offer will come through.

I should get up, get on some sunscreen and runners, and get out there.  I'll feel so much better.  I'll feel accomplished for having done it.  And if I do it right, I'll get to have those endorphins I like so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment