Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My 200 Day Journey - Day 47

I am still fighting my way through this.  Despite what my room mate is doing.  Or rather, what I'm letting him do to me...

Link to My Life Blog

I know that I need to keep putting me first through this.  I need to focus on my training. 

I lost a week.  Being sick and all.  Not a big deal.  I think I had an extra week or so to spare anyway.  I will double check with the calendar to be sure.  If not, then I'll just cut my HM training back by a week.  Not a biggie.  It's just kind of a warm up to the marathon program for me anyway.

I did get out and try to run yesterday.  I just wasn't able to.  The wind was pushing me back (it was an 80K wind).  Between that and just not being very strong yet - I'm still weak from this stupid cold - I decided to cut it short.  I did run out, and walk back.  Covered just under 3miles.  Burned 300 calories.  So in my books, that counts as a win.






Okay, so I don't do the weights yet.  But I know I need to do something.  I need to do crunches.  And some strength training too.  It'll all help.  I just feel so drained.





It's all a choice.  I am choosing what to do.  And I guess I need to take baby steps to add the next ones too.  I need to add some abdominal toning.  Maybe I will add 10 crunches a day to start with.  That's not such an impossible task.  10 crunches a day for at least 3 days this week.  And stretching.  10minutes after every run.  That's important too.

Yes, I know. Bad runner.  Running and never really stretching.  I am lucky I haven't been injured yet.  I get it.  But I don't need to temp fate.  I need to fix it.


It's all up to me.  The decisions I make.  No matter what I do.  No matter what decision I make.  Or if I just don't make a decision at all.  It's all on MY shoulders.  And the clock will just keep on ticking by.  If I want to reach my goals tomorrow, I need to take action TODAY.  NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment