Wednesday, August 10, 2011

When did this happen?

I'm sitting here today thinking. I've been really down on myself. Yes, I'm off track with my training, etc. But it's not the end of the world.

On Monday I decided to go running. I put on my shoes. I ran. 20min and 1.5miles later, I decided I was done. No, my hr wasn't too high. No, I wasn't hurting. Or even struggling for breath. I just decided I was done.



It's just hitting me now.

I RAN. FOR 20MINUTES SOLID. WITHOUT STOPPING. WASN'T EVEN TIRED.

When did this happen? When did I become someone who could do that? What happened to the slow fat runner who couldn't run to the corner without becoming so winded that everyone around me thought I was going to die?

When did going our for a "short run" become something that I could do, and so easily yet?

I was sitting here all morning thinking there was NO WAY I could do my long runs that I should be at for this week. The long easy run is 120min. Okay. Maybe I won't make it the full 120min right now. But I know I can make 90. Heck, with enough mental determination, I can make 120.

WHO IN THE HECK GOES FOR AN "EASY" 120MIN RUN???

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CALLS A 2HOUR RUN "EASY"??







ME! THAT'S WHO!

No comments:

Post a Comment