Thursday, November 6, 2014

Today's Kick in the Butt

Yesterday was a difficult day. I wanted to get so much done. And I actually did do a lot. But I did not complete everything.

My first thoughts are that I didn't have a successful day. I tried to run - it didn't go well. It hurt. A lot. But even with the pain, I still pushed through and did 75% of the workout before I really started to question myself. Am I listening to my body? Should I be pushing through this pain? I tried, but the pain never went away, so I stopped.

I got about 80% of the rest of the things on my list done, but again, not all. Realistically, I set the bar pretty high yesterday, so I'm not too upset about this

Despite my first thoughts of counting yesterday out as not a success, I realized something. Compared to the day before, I put in 200%. I accomplished much more.



Isn't that what this is all about? Progress, not perfection?

So it's time I stop "should"-ing on myself. It's time to realize I AM doing something. It may not be perfect, but as long as I did better than yesterday, it's progress.

Today's Goals:

emoticon at least 8 glasses of water
emoticon as much as I don't want to, I need to get out there and run again today.
emoticon Track every bite of food, and be aware of nutrition vs empty calories.

All I want to do is sink into the couch again. I know why I didn't do very well on yesterdays run. I am working to rectify that.

But it's still so hard to get my shoes on and get out there.

I have a break from work - I don't need to be back at it until 3pm today. Okay, maybe I should get back around 2:30, but no big deal. I can push things off if I need the time.

What I shouldn't be pushing off is getting my shoes on and running.

I've already got in 6 glasses of water, and have started on the next 6. So water is good. Food has been okay for a while now. My calories are low, despite having some "fun sized" chocolate in the house. I don't believe in all-or-nothing, so I'm not judging the fact I am eating some chocolate. Moderation is preventing a binge.

All that is left to count today as a success is a run.

So what's my excuse? Am I going to let my excuses be bigger than my dreams?







*****UPDATE*****
Okay, I agree. This sounds feeble. But I'm accepting it as today's reality.

I just found my mp3 player. It's not the one I was using before, but a new one I purchased this summer. It took me an hour to find it, and upload my running trainer to it.

My afternoon time is now gone.

I have other "excuses" too. But I'm going to accept that today I'm not running.

*sigh* And I wonder why I can't seem to make any progress..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment