Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Mountain

I have so many things ahead of me right now. It's overwhelming.

Enough letting it get to me. Time to start defining my mountain.

I want to go back to school and earn my MSW
I want to run the hypothermic half in February
I want to be in the best shape possible for my wedding - 3.14.15
I want to stop this depression that is trying to take me down

I know that's not a very clearly defined mountain, but it's a start. That's enough for me for today.

Today is the only day I have control over. Today I can do something to reach these goals, or I can just sit here and not make any progress. It's my choice.

What can I do today to take a step towards these goals?
- run. I can get out and run. I may not be able to find my Garmin, but I can run without it if I need to. I have a fitness monitor. I don't even know if I can find my mp3 player with my running trainer on it.

Looks like I've got to find my mp3 player, or buy another one. I really need my hand held when I start this journey. For me, that means having my running trainer tell me when to run, when to rest, and when I'm done. Easy enough to fix - cheap at Walmart.

- I can find my running gear
- I can register for the race
- I can eat well and hydrate

Once all of that is done, I can rest. Let my body recover, and spend some time visualizing my goals. Maybe better define this mountain I'm about to climb.

**********UPDATE************
 Look at that. 2 minutes of looking and I've found my Garmin. It's charging now. I can't wait to update later today with more good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment