Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Starting out on a journey to conquer a new mountain

Realized today I've got a mountain ahead of me again. That thought started to overwhelm me, as a thought like that often does.

But then I remembered how I've climbed this mountain before.
I worried I wouldn't be strong enough to do it again

I remembered just how strong I am - not only when I'm progressing, but even right now. I'm strong enough to take that first step.
I'm strong enough to not let the mountain ahead overwhelm me, but to just focus on that next step.

One step at a time. I believe I can climb this mountain again.

Do I know exactly what the top of the mountain will look like? No, but I have a pretty good idea. I also know how can shape what I want that mountain top to look like and work towards those specific goals.

For today, I'm going to take that first step. The next step to climb that mountain. And when that's done I'm going to rest, and enjoy the opportunity to imagine what I want to achieve. Spend some time visualizing.

Finally, finish the day strong with a plan for tomorrow to take that next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment