Saturday, February 9, 2013

Small Stone of the Week - Feb 10-16

Last week was a tough week. I was in so much pain most of the week. I really didn't get in any of my workouts. And the scale reflects that. I am up 1.6lbs this week. It could have been so much worse. But all things considered - not working out, abdominal swelling all week long, eating high in my calorie range/slightly above it two days - I got off easy.

I know I can't push through that kind of pain though. So I don't feel like I failed. I feel like my body failed me. But considering what I've done to my body, I guess it's kind of Karma. I need to take better care of me. I need to get the weight off. I need to deal with my stress better. I need to take care of me. Period.

I did eat well. And I drank all my water. So I did well with what I could this week.

Today I'm feeling much better. I'd say 80% pain free. That's saying a lot.

So now to lay out my small stone for this next week

This week I will:

emoticon Keep focusing on at least 8 glasses of water a day. More if I need them.

emoticon Take electrolytes. I'm having blood pressure issues, and considering how sick I've been, I have to make sure I can keep my electrolytes balanced so I don't start blacking out again.

emoticon Keep tracking every bite of food. I also want to stay within my calorie range. I will allow one day for slightly higher calories, but I want the other 6 to be below 1500. I can do this. Just make sure I have enough freggies with me every day to get through. I don't do so well when I come home from work hungry. I've got to stop doing that.

emoticon I will get to the gym 3 days this week. I will start my strength training over again, and complete Week1.

emoticon I will at least go for a 10 minute walk 3 days a week. If I am able to do my half hour run, I will do that. If not, I will just do my walk. As long as I'm moving on my "off" days from the gym.

emoticon Dance. 3 days of dance practice. I don't really care how long at this point. As long as I practice.

emoticon I am part of the 5% challenge starting soon. I need to watch my emails closer. Make sure I do what I can to support my team.

That's going to make for a busy week for me. I'm going to do my best to get there. I'd say wish me luck, but I think it's determination that will get me there more than luck

No comments:

Post a Comment